Are you building a Windows Phone 8 app but don’t have a device to test your app on? Are you using the NFC or Bluetooth APIs and having a WP8 device would finalize your testing? There are 3 ways to get a device: Earn one with your rewards points, Trade up your current phone for a new one, or get a loaner device.
This post is about the third option, I can line you up with a loaner device from Nokia. Take the following steps (if you are already a DVLUP member, skip to step 2) and let’s get your app to market!
Step 1- We need to sign you up for DVLUP.com (a free, developer rewards program for Windows Phone devs). Send me an email with the following information and I will give you a special invite code to join.
- First / Last name
- Your Windows Phone Publisher Name (if you have one)
- A screenname you’d like for your Dvlup profile
- Email address (your live ID if possible )
- Where are you located (State, Country) DVLUP is currently only available to US and Canadian developers
- If you have a Windows Phone DevCenter account, what is your Publisher Name?
Send the email to Nokia-Dev@Outlook.com and I’ll hook you up with an invite code.
Step 2- Go to this link and follow the instructions.
That’s it. Period. Nokia wants you to have everything you need to bring your app to the masses. Now, you have no excuses for not getting your app out the door